Silymarin is a unique flavonoid complex—containing silybin, silydianin, and silychrisin—that is derived from the milk thistle plant. These unique phytochemicals from the milk thistle have been the subject of decades of research into their beneficial properties.
Like all vitamins, B12 is an organic compound, made from carbons (as opposed to minerals, which are inorganic), and essential for our normal metabolic function and health. Also, like most vitamins, B12 plays a wide variety of roles in our metabolism. The short list of important effects B12 has on your health includes these:
Vitamin B12 is essential for the manufacture of red blood cells; a deficiency leads to a characteristic kind of anemia
Vitamin B12 is needed to support the normal function of nerve cells, and to manufacture myelin, the insulating material that surrounds some of our nerve cells and speeds neural transmission
Vitamin B12 is required for the replication of DNA.
- Regenerate liver cells damaged by alcohol or drugs
- Decongest the liver (A liver decongestant stimulates bile flow through the liver and gallbladder, thus reducing stagnation and preventing gallstone formation and bile-induced liver damage.)
- Increase the survival rate of patients with cirrhosis4
- Complement the treatment of viral hepatitis5
- Protect against industrial poisons, such as carbon tetracholoride (a colorless gas that leaks into air, water and soil near manufacturing and waste sites)6
- Protect the liver against pharmaceuticals that stress the liver, such as acetaminophen and tetracycline1
- Antidote and prevent poisoning from the death cap mushroom, Amanita phalloides