LOPENTRAL-15November 17, 2016
LOTEPREDNOL ETABONATE EYE DROPDecember 22, 2016
GATIFLOXACIN EYE DROP
COMPOSITION: – GATIFLOXACIN
PHARMACODYNAMICS: – Gatifloxacin is a synthetic broad-spectrum 8-methoxyfluoroquinolone antibacterial agent for oral or intravenous administration. is bactericidal and its mode of action depends on blocking of bacterial DNA replication by binding itself to an enzyme called DNA gyrase, which allows the untwisting required to replicate one DNA double helix into two. Notably the drug has 100 times higher affinity for bacterial DNA gyrase than for mammalian. Gatifloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria.
- MECHANISM OF ACTION: – The bactericidal action of Gatifloxacin results from inhibition of the enzymes topoisomerase II (DNA gyrase) and topoisomerase IV, which are required for bacterial DNA replication, transcription, repair, and recombination.
- ABSORPTION: – Well absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract after oral administration with absolute bioavailability of gatifloxacin is 96%.
- PROTEIN BINDING: – 20%
- METABOLISM: – Gatifloxacin undergoes limited biotransformation in humans with less than 1% of the dose excreted in the urine as ethylenediamine and methylethylenediamine metabolites.
- HALF-LIFE: – 7-14 hours
- For The Treatment Of Bronchitis,
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia, And Skin Infections (Abscesses, Wounds) Caused By S. Pneumoniae, H. Influenzae, S. Aureus, M. Pneumoniae, C. Pneumoniae, L. Pneumophila, S. Pyogenes