OFLOXCIN 200 MG & NITAZOXANIDE 500 MG TAB
Ofloxacin is a ʻquinoloneʼ antibiotic used for treating certain kinds of bacterial infections (ear infections, urinary tract infections) and also useful in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). It belongs to the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics. Ofloxacin stops the multiplication of bacteria by inhibiting the reproduction and repair of their genetic material (DNA).
This Suspension is used for treatment of infectious diarrhea due to certain intestinal parasitic infections (i.e., Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia) Nitazoxanide, also known by the brand name Alinia, is a synthetic nitrothiazolyl-salicylamide derivative and an anti-protozoal agent.
- Absorption: Well absorbed orally, food increases bioavailability.
- Distribution: Distributed in a protein bound form.
- Metabolism: Metabolized in to an active metabolite tizoxanide and then tizoxanide undergoes glucuronide conjugation
- Excretion: Excreted mainly through bile and feces and the remaining portion through urine.
- Absorption: Ofloxacin is rapidly and completely absorbed after oral administration.
- Distribution: It is widely distributed in the body.
- Metabolism: It undergoes insignificant metabolism.
- Excretion: Drug is excreted mainly through urine.
- It is used for the treatment of infectious diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia in patients 1 year of age and older.
- It is also useful for treating certain kinds of bacterial infections (ear infections, urinary tract infections) it shows better effects in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B.