Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP are primarily used in the treatment of depression that is unresponsive to other antidepressants or any other treatment. In addition, this medication is effective in the treatment of other disorders related to anxiety. It contains Dothiepin belongs to a class of medication known as tricyclic antidepressants.
Dothiepin functions by increasing the levels of certain chemical messengers responsible for stabilizing and elevating mood levels in the brain. Also, this drug inhibits your brain from releasing chemicals that cause anxiety. Moreover, this medicine provides relief from feelings, such as irritability, tiredness, restlessness, and sleep disturbances.
An individual patient should take Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP in the dose and duration prescribed by the healthcare provider. In addition, start treatment with this medicine after reading the official guidelines mentioned on the label carefully. Aside from that, if you are allergic to this medication or any of its ingredients, avoid using this medicine.
Precautions for Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP
For the best possible effects, use this medicine as prescribed by the healthcare provider without missing any dosage. Do not increase or decrease the dosage of this medication as it may cause harmful effects instead of making the recovery faster. In addition, make sure you tell your doctor about the other conditions you are suffering from. In some conditions, dose adjustment is required. Moreover, one should consider the below-mentioned points while taking this medication.
- Swallow Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP as a whole; without crushing, breaking, biting, or chewing them as they have a strong bitter taste. Take these tablets in the dose prescribed with a full glass of water.
- It is not advised to drink alcoholic beverages, such as beer, wine, or distilled spirits when taking this medication to avoid the undesirable effects.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to conceive a baby, make sure you inform your doctor regarding the same as it may not be suitable in some conditions.
- Evade driving vehicles, performing on heights, or operating any heavy machinery while taking Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP as these tablets may make you feel drowsy.
- Individuals with certain health disorders, such as liver or kidney impairment, high blood pressure, or any other should share their medical history with the medical practitioner before starting treatment with this medication.
Continue your treatment course with the above-listed points in mind and get the possible effects. In addition, consider following the official guidelines and the doctor’s instructions to ensure the correct use of this medicine.
When taking Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP, you may experience mild to moderate adverse reactions. Those side effects do not persist usually or bother the patient. However, if you find any adverse reactions that are bothersome, consult your healthcare provider. The most common adverse reactions of Dothiepin HCL Tablets BP include the following;-
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
- Dryness in the mouth
Note: This list may not contain all the information regarding the side effects offered by this medication, You can get more details regarding the adverse reactions offered by this medication by consulting your healthcare provider.