Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets – The medications belong to the group of medications known as analgesics and are primarily used to provide pain relief from several chronic conditions. It helps get rid of pain in conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, and many others. Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets is a combination medication that helps get rid of inflammation and severe pain. These conditions are mainly bone diseases that usually cause joint pain and inflammation. The medicine is a composition of Etodolac 400mg and Para 325mg. The medication is also known as anti-allergic and anti-histamine tablets. The duration and dosage of these tablets will be prescribed to you based on your medical condition by the doctor.
Working Mechanism of Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets
The pain relief medication is an amalgamation of two medicines known as Etodolac and Paracetamol. Etodolac is known as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug and Paracetamol works as an analgesic. The work of these drugs is to block the actions of a certain chemical messenger known as prostaglandins. This chemical substance is responsible for the cause of pain, inflammation, and fever. The combination of these drugs helps reduces the symptoms such as joint stiffness, tenderness, and pain. Therefore, helping get rid of pain from several chronic conditions. The intake of the Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets should be as directed by the doctor to rule out any adverse effects of the medicine. However, consult the doctor if you still feel any uneasiness after the consumption of the tablets.
Uses of Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets
- The medication helps provide relief from several chronic pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, and many others.
- The tablets help reduces the symptoms such as joint stiffness, tenderness, pain, and inflammation.
Side Effects of Etodolac & Paracetamol Medicine
The intake of this medication is highly recommended to help get rid of the pain but like any other medication, it may also cause some unpleasant effects. The side effects of this medication are generally rare and resolve on their own even if they happen. However, do seek a medical consultancy if the side effects start to bother much, worsen over time, or stay for too long.
Some of the side effects of Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets may include:
Abdominal pain, Nausea, Flatulence, Gastrointestinal ulcer, Heartburn, Insomnia, Diarrhea, Dyspepsia, Itching, Constipation, Vomiting, Headache, Tiredness, Rash, Ringing in your ears, Indigestion, Black or clay-colored stools, or Increased Heartbeat.
Precautions and Warnings for Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets
Some of the important points to keep in mind before taking this medication are:
- Inform your doctor if you have any conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, asthma, blood clot, or diabetes.
- Consult the doctor if you have any signs of stomach bleeding such as vomit blood or if you notice black or tarry stools.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol while taking the medication as it may enhance the risk of liver damage.
- Avoid taking any other medicine containing acetaminophen without the consultancy of your doctor first.
- It is advised to take Etodolac & Paracetamol Tablets with food to avoid getting any stomach issues such as an upset stomach.
These above-mentioned are some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind while taking Etodolac & Paracetamol medicine. Apart from these, the tablets are safe to consume and are highly effective to provide relief from severe pain.