Levocetrizine & Montelukast Tablets – The combination medicine is primarily used to treat runny nose, sneezing, allergic skin conditions, and hay fever. Hay fever is a seasonal allergy. When the immune system gets in contact with foreign elements usually not harmful to the body it causes an allergic reaction. These allergic conditions vary from person to person. The allergic reactions can be triggered by various factors such as specific food or seasons. Some of the seasonal allergies are hay fever, pet dander, or pollen. A few of the symptoms of allergic reaction are coughing, sneezing, itchy, or runny nose, etc. Levocetrizine 5mg & Montelukast 10 mg Tablets help provide relief from such symptoms of allergic conditions.
How do Levocetrizine & Montelukast Tablets work?
The tablets are a combination of two medicines known as Levocetrizine and Montelukast. Levocetrizine belongs to the class of medication known as antihistamines or anti-allergic. This anti-allergic helps block a certain chemical messenger named histamine. Histamine is the chemical messenger that is mainly responsible for watery eyes, runny nose, and sneezing. Montelukast is known as a leukotriene antagonist. The work of montelukast is to block another chemical messenger known as leukotriene. This help in reducing the swelling in the nose and in the airways which results in improving the symptoms of allergic conditions. By merging together this medication helps provide relief from sneezing and runny nose caused by allergies.
Uses of Levocetrizine & Montelukast Tablets
The combination medication is used to treat runny nose, sneezing, allergic skin conditions, and hay fever. The medication helps in providing relief from symptoms of certain allergic conditions. Levocetrizine 5mg & Montelukast 10mg Tablets is an amalgamation of anti-allergic medication and leukotriene antagonists. These medication collectively works together to improve symptoms of a variety of allergic conditions. Hence, helps in minimizing symptoms such as sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
Side Effects of Levocetrizine & Montelukast Tablets
Now, the consumption of Levocetrizine 5mg & Montelukast 10mg medication may cause side effects. The side effects of the medication are a rare sight to see and usually resolve on their own after some time. However, do check in with your doctor if the side effects of the medicine are not fading away even after some days.
Some of the side effects that may occur after consuming Levocetrizine & Montelukast tablets are:
- Abdominal pain
- Otitis media
- Dryness in mouth
Precautions for Levocetrizine & Montelukast tablets
Some of the precautions and warnings to keep in mind while consuming Levocetrizine & Montelukast medication are:
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to Levocetrizine, Montelukast, or any of the components present in the medication.
- Tell your doctor if you have severe kidney or liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are experiencing the problem of passing urine, or have epilepsy.
- Stay highly alert if you are driving or doing any work that requires mental focus after taking the medication. The consumption of the medication can cause sleepiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while the intake of the medicine as it caused increased sleepiness.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before taking the Levocetrizine & Montelukast Tablets.
- Stop the intake of the medication at least 3 days before case you are going to take an allergy test, as it may affect the results of the test.
These are some of the precautions and warnings to remember before taking the Levocetrizine 5mg & Montelukast 10mg Tablets. Apart from these, the medication is highly safe for consumption purposes. Follow the instruction given by your healthcare provider to use the Levocetrizine & Montelukast medicine for better results.