Glimepiride & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets – Glimepiride and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets are prescribed to patients with Type 2 diabetes in order to control high blood sugar levels. It is a combination of two anti-diabetic drugs that are used when diet and exercise alone are unable to effectively control the blood sugar levels. This medicine is offered with the brand name ZULIP-G2 at the Best Glimepiride and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablet Manufacturer, Arlak Biotech.
Glimepiride: Glimepiride is a “sulfonylurea” that works by increasing the amount of insulin discharged by the pancreas to lower blood glucose.
Metformin: Metformin is a “biguanide” that works by reducing the absorption of glucose from the intestines and heightening the reaction of the body to insulin.
In this way, Glimepiride and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets together help in preventing the blood glucose levels from increasing and keeping the Diabetes under control.
Various Uses of Glimepiride 2mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets
Besides controlling blood sugar levels, Glimepiride and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets also prevent the heart from further complications. It is used to prevent serious complications associated with Diabetes including,
- Diabetic Nephropathy (Kidney Damage)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (Blindness)
- Diabetic Neuropathy (Loss of Sensation in Hands and Feet)
- Heart Attack or Stroke
Directions for Effective Glimepiride & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets Usage
Make sure to take Glimepiride & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets under the dose and duration decided by the doctor as it can change with time depending upon your condition. Keep the following points noted during the whole treatment of these tablets:
- Do not skip meals while consuming Glimepiride & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets to avoid the risks of side effects and consume some form of sugar.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly as it may increase the sugar levels which in turn can increase the risk of eyesight loss (retinopathy), kidney damage, or nerve damage (neuropathy).
- Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly while you are taking Glimepiride 2mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets.
- Immediately consult the doctor if you undergo fastened breathing or if you have severe stomach pain and vomiting. It is because Glimepiride & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets may cause a rare but severe condition known as Lactic Acidosis; the excess amount of lactic acid in the blood.
Drug Interactions with Glimepiride 2mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets
Glimepiride 2mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets may interact with certain medicines that may not respond well to the powerful properties of these tablets. Following are the drugs that may interact with these tablets:
- High Blood Pressure Lowering Pills; Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine
- Steroids; Prednisolone
- Heart Failure-Related Medicines; Digoxin
- Thyroid Hormones
- Diuretics or Water Pills; Furosemide
- Anti-Hypertensive; Metoprolol
It is recommended to the patients who are taking the above-mentioned drugs with Glimepiride and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets consult their doctor.
During the course of treatment with Glimepiride 2mg & Metformin 500mg Tablets, the user may undergo some mild to moderate side effects. These side effects go away after some time or after the completion of treatment. If the patient deal with a bothersome issue or rare side effects after taking this medication, he must directly inform the healthcare provider.
Following are the side effects of Glimepiride & Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets:
- Upper Respiratory Symptoms