Baclofen is used to treat muscle spasms caused by certain conditions. Muscle spasms are painful involuntary contractions and tightening of your muscles. Muscle spasms can range from mild twitches to intense discomfort and severe pain. Overuse of muscle, dehydration, and extreme fatigue can cause muscle spasms.
Directions for Use
Baclofen is an oral medication and is to be taken by mouth, usually thrice a day with or without food. To decrease the risks of side effects your doctor may start giving a low dose and then may gradually increase your dose.
If you are using the tablet form , swallow it as a whole with water.do not crush, chew or break the tablet as it may damage the drug.
If you are using the liquid form of this medicine, shake it well before use. Carefully measure the required dosage using a measuring spoon and swallow it all at once with water.
If you are taking the granular form, open the packet and empty the contents in your mouth, and swallow it with water. You can also use the alternate method by mixing the granules with soft liquids like apple juice or yogurt. After mixing consume the mixture within 2 hours. Do not store the mixture for long.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist in case of any queries.
Precautions while Taking Baclofen Tablets
There are various precautionary measures one must practice in order to avoid any medical complications. They are as follows:
- Inform your doctor if you have or ever had an allergy to any medicine. This medication may contain inactive ingredients which may cause severe allergic reactions.
- During pregnancy, this medicine should only be used when clearly needed. Do not take this medicine without a proper prescription or it may harm the unborn baby.
- Amoxicillin passes via breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Before having any surgery, tell your doctor about all the medicines you use( may they be ayurvedic or allopathic).
- Do not consume this medicine after the expiry date. This may lead to serious metabolic reactions.
- Do not exceed the prescribed dosage of the medicine. This may result in a drug overdose.
- This medicine may make you feel dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive or do any other machinery activity until you can do it safely.
- Avoid the use of alcoholic beverages to prevent extreme drowsiness.
- Before consuming this medicine, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease, mental disorders(schizophrenia), or brain disease(stroke or seizures).
Side Effects of Baclofenac 10 mg Tablets
Each medication has some or other side effects. But it is not necessary that they will show up in each case. Most of these side effects are common and are self-resolved as the body adjusts to the medicine but consult your doctor if they cause prolonged discomfort.
Common side effects of this medications are:
- Trouble sleeping
Contact your doctor promptly if you experience other serious side effects :
- Irregular heartbeat
- Confusion or turmoil
- Skin allergy(rash,itchiness)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What are the side effects of Baclofen 10 mg tablets?
Answer: Common side effects include drowsiness. Dizziness, vomiting, and increased urine.
Question: Can Baclofen tablets treat muscle pain?
Answer: Baclofen 10 mg tablets are widely used to treat muscle cramps in case of overuse or injury of muscle.
Question:Is Baclofen tablet a muscle relaxant or analgesic ?
Answer: Baclofen belongs to a class of medicines known as muscle relaxants which control involuntary muscle contractions and tightening.
Question: Can children take this medication?
Answer: Lower doses of this medicine may be given to children. Contact your doctor on how much dosage is required.