Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets are used in the effective treatment of several bacterial infections. These tablets come with the active antibiotic agent Cefpodoxime which restricts the growth of bacteria by restricting its further formation and killing it. Available in the market with the brand name FYPOD-200, these tablets are offered at the Best Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets Manufacturer & Supplier, Arlak Biotech.
Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets Uses
Cefpodoxime belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporin antibiotics. It is highly used in treating certain bacterial infections including:
- Gonorrhea; a sexually transmitted disease
- Bronchitis; a condition when bronchial tubes (tubes that carry air to the lungs) get swollen or inflamed.
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Pneumonia; a severe lung condition that makes breathing hard.
- Skin & Ear Infections
- Throat Infections
- Infections of Tonsils
- Sinus Infections
Necessary Points to Remember While Taking Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets
For the safe and effective usage of these tablets, there are certain things that must be kept in the notice. Check out the necessary points that you must remember while taking Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets:
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets are known to relieve bacterial infections and their related symptoms. Do not use this medicine in order to get benefits for viral infections (common cold, flu, etc.) as it may rather trigger the infection.
- Do not use these tablets if you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other antibiotics.
- Avoid intake of any kind of alcoholic beverages during the course of treatment with Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets as it may increase the risk of unwanted negative effects.
- Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney disease or gastrointestinal disease (such as colitis).
- If you get a rash, facial or mouth swelling, itching, or experience breathing difficulties, stop taking Cefpodoxime Proxetil Dispersible Tablets and consult your doctor right away.
- It is better to avoid taking antacids, H2 blockers, proton pump inhibitors, etc., while on the treatment with Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets as such medicines may decrease the absorption of Cefpodoxime.
Common Side Effects
Although Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets are often safe to use, they can occasionally result in certain common side effects that are generally mild and not serious. With the completion of treatment with this medicine, these side effects start to get resolve. However, if in some cases, these side effects do not get vanish and become severe, it is to be consulted with the doctor. Here are the common side effects that the user may experience with the usage of this medicine:
- Stomach Pain
- White Vaginal Discharge
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the uses of Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets?
Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets are known to treat and prevent various infections caused by bacteria on the skin, throat, lungs, urinary tract, ears, sinuses, tonsils, etc.
- Can the use of Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets cause Diarrhea?
Yes, Diarrhea may occur with the use of Cefpodoxime 200 MG Tablets but stops with the completion of treatment. If it does not stop or become severe or if you experience bloody stools, consult your doctor immediately.