Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension is a combination medicine that is used to lower body temperature and reduce inflammation and pain in infants and children. The medication belongs to a category of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is beneficial in the treatment of pain that can be temporary or chronic in nature. The medicine can also be prescribed for the dental pain that can occur due to damage to the tooth nerve, infection, decay, extraction, or injury. The medicine is highly beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of muscle pain, arthritis pain, dysmenorrhea (painful periods or menstrual cramps), and dental pain and reduces fever.
Take the Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension as per the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. Shake the suspension well before use and do not indulge in the overdosage of the medicine. Some people may experience a few side effects such as nausea, vomiting, flatulence, constipation, skin rashes, and peptic ulcers. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension or similar suspension. Store the suspension in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Medical Benefits of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension
Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension are primarily used for pain relief that is mild to moderate. The medicine belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The medication is also useful in the treatment of tooth pain, arthritis, period pain, and other types of short-term pains. The medicine works by blocking the chemical messenger in the brain responsible for causing pain. Paracetamol works by lowering the body temperature and providing relief from mild pain by suppressing the prostaglandin by promoting heat loss (through sweating) which helps reset the hypothalamic thermostat.
Paracetamol also offers an additional advantage by causing less gastric irritation than other painkillers such as aspirin. The medicine is highly effective in providing relief from pain associated with migraine, headache, backache, period (menstrual) pain, dental pain, and rheumatic and muscular pain. The anti-inflammatory action of this medicine makes it more effective in treating strains, sprains, and muscle pains.
Directions for Use
Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. Shake the Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension well before use. You can take the suspension with food to avoid an upset stomach.
Side Effects of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension
There are mild to moderate side effects of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension that do not last for a long time. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the treatment. Immediately, inform your doctor if your side effects persist or worsen with time. The range of side effects noticed on using the Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension are mentioned as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Skin rashes (urticaria)
- Peptic ulcers
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension may interact with other drugs when taken together or shortly after taking another medicine. The suspension can also interact with certain food items or diseases. Do not take Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension with the following mentioned drugs:
- Blood thinner or anticoagulant (warfarin, ticlopidine)
- Anti-arthritis pills (methotrexate)
- Blood pressure or heart medicine
- Nausea/vomiting medicine (metoclopramide, domperidone)
- Diuretic/water pills (thiazides, furosemide)
- Steroid medicine (prednisone)
- Quinolone antibiotics (ciprofloxacin)
- Respiratory medicines (theophylline, ephedrine)
- Cholesterol-reducing medicine (colestyramine)
- Antidepressants (duloxetine)
- Avoid consuming alcohol with Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension as it may interact and cause adverse side effects.
- Do not take Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension without your doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- Store the Ibuprofen and Paracetamol Suspension in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor and do not skip the dosages or indulge in the overdosage.