Flavoxate Tablets IP 200 Mg is a medicine used to treat the condition of overactive bladder tract symptoms. The medicine works to relax the muscles of the urinary bladder which helps to prevent the symptoms of an overactive bladder. Some of the symptoms of an overactive bladder are leaking of the urination, not being able to control the urination, feeling pain while urinating, urgent and frequent visits to the washrooms, etc. Flavoxate 200mg tablets help prevent the symptoms and relieve the overactive bladder.
Flavoxate is an antibiotic that helps to relax the overactive bladder muscles. And prevent the uneasiness, burning pain, and irritation caused by tract infections. The medicine should be taken according to the given directions by the doctor. Take this medication according to the recommended duration for better results. Avoid taking the Flavoxate if you are allergic to it or have a blockage in the digestive tract.
Uses of Flavoxate Tablets IP 200 mg
Flavoxate tablets are anti-spasmodic works to relax the pain and discomfort caused by the urinary tract. It helps in the prevention of muscles spasm in the bladder. Take this medication as directed by your doctor and complete the course in the given duration for better results. Some of the uses of Flavoxate 200mg tablets are:
- Flavoxate helps to treat the condition of an overactive bladder.
- It prevents the muscle spasm of the urinary tract.
- The medication is used to relieve the symptoms such as the urgent need to urine frequently, painful urination, urine leaking, etc.
- Flavoxate can also be used to get relief from symptoms that may occur after surgery, catheterization, or cystoscopy.
Flavoxate is an antiseptic that is safe to take to prevent certain overactive bladder issues. But like any other medication, Flavoxate has some side effects. The side effects can worsen if not checked out on time by the doctor. Some of the major & minor side effects of Flavoxate 200 mg tablets are:
- Dry mouth
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Skin rash
- Increase Heartbeat
- Stomach Pain
Precautions for Flavoxate Tablets IP 200 Mg
As we know, flavoxate tablets are useful to get relief for your urinary tract. But there are also some side effects that can occur by consuming the tablets. The side effects of flavoxate can be prevented by taking a few precautions. Such as:
- Always tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies.
- Tell your doctor about all your medical history.
- Do not take the medication if you have certain medical conditions such as blockage of the bladder, or bleeding from your stomach.
- Avoid exercising or any other activities that can cause sweating to prevent the risk of a serious reaction to the heat.
FAQs About Flavoxate Tablets IP 200 mg
Q. For how long does the effect of Flavoxate 200mg tablets last?
A. The exact time for this medication to remain effective on your body is not clinically established yet.
Q. How long does it take for Flavoxate to show its effects?
A. The full effect of this medicine can be seen within an hour after taking the dose.
Q. Can Flavoxate medicine be taken during pregnancy?
A. If you are pregnant, Flavoxate is not recommended unless it is necessary. In pregnancy, consult your doctor regarding the usage of this medication.
Q. Whether Flavoxate is an antibiotic or not?
A. Yes, Flavoxate is an antibiotic used to treat urinary tract infections.
Q. Is Flavoxate 200mg tablets safe?
A. Yes, the medication is safe to take as long as you are not allergic to it.