Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis. This medicine helps decrease tenderness pain and swelling in the joints by reducing inflammation. In addition, it helps slow the progression of joint and bone damage. This medication contains Tofacitinib, which belongs to a class of medications known as Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitors.
To attain the best possible effects from Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet, take it as prescribed by the healthcare provider. In addition, read the official guidelines carefully and consider following them to ensure the best usage of this medicine. Moreover, you should commence treatment with this medicine after consulting your healthcare provider and informing your doctor about your medical history.
Precautions for Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet
Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet should be taken with extreme caution to get the best possible effects. In addition, one should take the official guidelines into account to ensure the best usage of this medication. Also, take this medicine after discussing all the risks and benefits. Moreover, take the below-listed points in mind during treatment with this medication.
Other Measures to Take:-
- Take Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet with a full glass of water/juice; without breaking, chewing, biting, or crushing them. You can take these tablets with food/meals/snacks as prescribed by the healthcare provider.
- The dosage of this medicine depends on your medical condition, tolerance, age, and gender. Take this medicine in the recommended dosage; do not take more than the prescribed dosage.
- Inform your doctor about the other medication you are taking before you start treatment with Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet. In some cases, the dosage of these tablets may need to be adjusted by the healthcare provider.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to get pregnant, kindly consult your doctor before you commence treatment with this medicine.
- You may need blood tests before starting treatment with this medication. And if you have any infections, then avoid taking Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet.
Take this medicine with the above-listed points in mind and get the best possible effects. Also, consider following the official guidelines and doctor’s instructions throughout the treatment course.
During the treatment course with Tofacitinib 5 mg Tablet, you may encounter mild to moderate side effects. Generally, those adverse effects do not persist for a longer duration. However, if the common side effects start to worsen or persist, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Most Common Side effects:-
Upper respiratory tract infection