Etodolac & Thiocolchicoside Tablets – These tablets contain a Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug, i.e., Etodolac, and a Muscle Relaxant, i.e., Thiocolchicoside. This combination is used to treat pain, muscle spasms, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Available with the brand name ETOWISE-TH, this medicine is manufactured and supplied by the Best Etodolac & Thiocolchicoside Tablet Manufacturer, Arlak Biotech.
Mechanism of Action
Etodolac inhibits a certain enzyme called cyclo-oxygenase that produces other chemical messengers called prostaglandins. While the effects of COX enzymes are blocked, it results in less production of prostaglandins. This helps in lowering minor to severe pain and swelling in the injured or damaged region.
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant that acts on the centers of the spinal cord and the brain. This facilitates better muscular movement and reduces muscle stiffness, which decreases pain caused by muscle spasms.
In this way, these medicines together provide relief from pain, swelling, and stiffness.
Instructions for Better Usage
In order to get complete relief from pain and inflammation, it is necessary to take Etodolac 300MG + Thiocolchicoside 4MG Tablets with caution, as per the dose and duration prescribed by your healthcare professional. Aside from that, take a look at the general instructions given below to avoid any adverse effects:
- Take Etodolac & Thiocolchicoside Tablets with food to avoid the chances of an upset stomach.
- Until you know the effects of medicine on your body, do not operate machinery, drive, or perform other tasks that call for complete focus.
- While using Etodolac 300MG + Thiocolchicoside 4MG Tablets, avoid consuming alcohol since it may cause extreme drowsiness and may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Do not consume these tablets if you are allergic to Etodolac, Thiocolchicoside, or any of the present contents of this medicine.
- Do not consume any other NSAIDs with Etodolac & Thiocolchicoside Tablets unless it is prescribed by the doctor.
- If you experience stomach pain or any symptoms of a stomach or intestine bleeding like bloody stools, stop taking these tablets and inform your doctor straight away.
Who Should Not Take Etodolac & Thiocolchicoside Tablets?
Etodolac & Thiocolchicoside Tablets should not be taken by people with the following health diseases or conditions:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Severe Heart, Kidney, or Liver Disease
- Bleeding or Clotting Problems
- High Blood Pressure or High Cholesterol
- Galactose Intolerance
- Glucose-Galactose Malabsorption
- Stomach Bleeding or Ulcers
- Heart Failure
- Recent Heart Surgery
General Side Effects
The user may come across certain mild side effects while using Etodolac 300MG + Thiocolchicoside 4MG Tablets. It is due to the high pain-relieving properties of this medicine. Following are the side effects associated with this tablet:
- Loss of Appetite
- Stomach Pain
If you find any severity in these side effects or they don’t leave your body even after the completion of treatment, consult your doctor right away.